Following the usual 5-year cycle for national and European standards, the quality and testing guidelines for the RAL quality mark RAL-GZ 951/1 have been revised, and were released in June 2013.
They will now be translated into French.
The following important amendments have been made, amongst others:
- Adjustments due to the recent changes to European Standard EN 840
- Insertion of additional tests:
- Rigidity test for RFID transponder in chipnest of comb pick-up
- Hazardous materials testing (PAK)
- Improved definition of suitability for use of waste disposal equipment following testing
- More precise definition of test rig requirements for rad test
- Insertion of requirements for recyclability of all materials used
The GGAWB is currently working on proposals for particularly environment-friendly waste bins and recycling bins, which will be incorporated into the RAL-GZ 951/1 next year.